THE NEW HAMPSHIRE SOCCER COACHES ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of this organization shall be "The New Hampshire Soccer Coaches Association."
ARTICLE II. NATURE AND PURPOSE
NATURE: The New Hampshire Soccer Coaches Association shall be an organization of schools who are members of the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association (NHIAA) and others who wish to ally themselves with the purpose of the NHSCA. The Annual membership fee, in an amount determined by the Executive Board, shall be payable for each calendar year to the Secretary-Treasurer.
PURPOSE: It shall be the purpose of this association to give service to, promote, and stimulate interest in the game of soccer within the state to the end that more New Hampshire boys and girls may come to play the game well and benefit from its contributions.
ARTICLE III. OFFICERS
TITLES. The officers of this association shall consist of a president, vice-president, secretary-treasurer and past president, and a minimum of 2 at large members.
METHOD OF ELECTION.
- All officers of the association shall be selected by a majority vote of those active members present at the annual business meeting.
- When more than one candidate is nominated for office, the vote shall be by ballot. If so motioned and seconded.
- Nominations shall come from the floor at the annual meeting.
- Any vacancies in offices occurring during the term shall be filled by a member to be chosen by the president and confirmed by the NHSCA Executive Board until the next election.
NO TERM LIMITS
DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENT:
- It shall be the duty of the President to preside at all regular and special meetings of the association.
- To appoint all committees not otherwise specified;
- To see that all policies, rules, and regulations of the associations are executed.
DUTIES OF THE VICE-PRESIDENT:
- To assume the role of the President when the President is absent.
- Assist the president in any association business when warranted.
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY-TREASURER:
- To attend and keep a record of the minutes of all regular and special meetings of the association.
- To be responsible for the distribution of all official notices and minutes of meetings upon request as directed by the President or Executive Board.
- To act as custodian of all funds of the association and pay all bills.
- To be responsible for the routine business of the association.
- To maintain all records of membership, collect all membership and advertising fees.
- To serve as an information and service center for the membership.
- A yearly stipend of $1000.00
DUTIES OF THE PAST PRESIDENT:
1... To be responsible for lending continuity, guidance and advice to the president and Executive Board.
DUTIES OF THE AT LARGE MEMBERS:
- To represent and bring forth any business of the general membership.
DUTIES OF HISTORIAN:
- Voluntary position to compile and keep all records for the NHSCA.
ARTICLE IV. EXECUTIVE BOARD
President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, Past President, Boys’ and Girls’ All Regional Chairs and At-Large member.
DUTIES: The Executive Board shall be empowered to determine all matters and procedures affecting the association between annual meetings that are not covered specifically by the Constitution.
MEETINGS: The annual NHSCA Executive Board meeting shall be held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the association. In addition, the Executive Board shall be empowered to hold any number of meetings deemed necessary by its members or by the President of the Association.
ARTICLE V. POST SEASON AWARDS
It is the responsibility of the Secretary/Treasurer to monitor and supervise the following:
- All-State voting:
- Coaches who vote for themselves as coach of the year will not have their vote counted.
- Only one ballot will be counted for any one team at any school.
- ALL SCHOLASTIC TEAMS:
- Only seniors are eligible
- A cumulative 3.25 (GPA). Schools that don't use GPA will be judged accordingly.
- A letter from the guidance department from the student’s school must be submitted certifying that he/she has met the academic criteria established for inclusion on the team. Letters are to be sent to the secretary-treasurer of the NHSCA
- JUNIOR VARSITY COACH OF THE YEAR:
- Nominated by varsity coach and voted on by the membership during post season All-State selections.
- Must have at least 3 year’s experience as a JV coach.
ARTICLE VI. AMENDMENTS
This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the active members present at the NHSCA annual meeting.
ARTICLE VI. YEARS OF REVISION
Written June 1973
Revised September 1994
Revised September 1998
Revised September 2000
Revised August 2001
Revised November 2018 (proposed)