LION’S CUP FORMAT
To clarify, and put in writing, the purpose and regulations governing the choosing of a Lions Cup Twin-State Soccer Team from New Hampshire.
- NHSCA Executive Board and Head Coaches to oversee the Twin-State Lion's Cup Tryout Games.
The NHSCA President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer and Executive Board will be responsible for the following:
- To act as a liaison between the NHSCA and Lion’s Club of N.H. /VT for the purpose of staging the Lions-Twins State Soccer Cup game.
- To attend Lion's Association meetings dealing with the Cup game when invited.
- To be responsible to collect tryout application/player profile forms from representative of both boys and girls and forward to Lion's Club Executive Director.
III. NHSCA Executive Board/President:
- To arrange a site for Lions Twin State Cup tryouts, which will take place shortly after the season had completed for all classes.
- To work with and inform the NHSCA Secretary to ensure that all information is sent to all members.
- To act as coordinator during tryout, to organize with the selected head coaches the tryout format and to ensure necessary equipment is available.
- To chair the meeting when the selection committee meets to pick the team.
- COACHES ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION COMMITTEE:
- Any active coach who has been a Lions Cup Twin-State Soccer Coach. (This means head coach or assistant coach). Eligible coaches have voting privileges toward the selection of the cup team.
- If eligible coaches miss (2) two consecutive Lions Cup Twin State Selection Committee meetings/tryouts, said coach is no longer a voting member of that selection committee and must serve on a Cup team in order to become a voting member again.
- Head coach for the Lions Cup Twin-State match is determined on a rotating basis: The coaches selected for that year’s team will become immediate voting member and will be part of the selection process.
YEARS/DIVISIONS RESPONSIBLE FOR HEAD COACHING DUTIES
Year Class Year Class
------ ------- ------ -------
BOYS & GIRLS 2018 Division V 2020 Division II 2019 Division I 2021 Division III
- PLAYER'S ELIGIBLE FOR NOMINATION:
Senior players on any NHIAA school and whose coach is a member of the NHSCA are eligible for nomination and selection.
- PLAYERS TRYING OUT:
Senior players who have made 1st or 2nd Team All Sate are eligible to tryout. A coach may request to a member of the NHSCA Executive Board that an Honorable Mentioned player be allowed to tryout. The player will be added the tryout roster and allowed to tryout.
VII. NUMBER OF SELECTIONS PER SCHOOL:
- All-American and/or All New-England selections are automatically placed on the team and do not need to attend the tryout. It is encouraged that the All-American and All New-England players attend the tryouts.
- Only two (2) players per school may make the team.
- More players from the same school may be put on the alternate list (to be used by the Head Coach) if replacements are necessary.
TWIN-STATE LION'S CUP
The N.H. Soccer Coaches Association will be represented at the Twin State Lion’s Cup Games by the head coaches of the boys’ and girls’ teams.