VIEW PDF VERSION HERE
New Hampshire Soccer Coaches Association
Amy Dutton Memorial Scholarship
Amy passed away after a 3 ½ year battle from breast and ovarian cancer at the age of 46 on May 22, 2015. Amy was employed by Winnisquam High School as a Physical Education teacher for 19 years. Amy was not only a gifted classroom teacher, but found her true passion in coaching. She coached not only basketball and track, but found her true calling as a soccer coach. She spent the majority of her years coaching the boys’ varsity team before moving over for her final 4 seasons as the girls’ varsity coach at Belmont High School. Amy’s teams were not only successful on the field, but were taught life lessons that they could use later on. Amy was kind hearted and had a caring disposition that led to long lasting relationships with so many. After Amy’s diagnosis, she didn’t complain or ask for sympathy. She simply did what she always did: she coached. Amy always enjoyed having people around her. She never wanted people to be negative or down. Amy wanted everyone to live their life to the fullest.
Scholarships of $500.00 each shall be awarded to one male and one female senior varsity soccer player.
School Played For:______________________________________________________________________
- Which college will you be attending?________________________________________________
- What do you intend to study in college?______________________________________________
- Do you plan to play soccer in college?________________________________________________
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN TYPED WORD DOCUMENT
- List your level of soccer participation during your 4 years of high school. Include positions played and awards/recognition you may have received.
- List other school/community activities you have been involved with during your high school career. Please list any awards/recognition you may have received.
- Discuss your career goals and reasons for furthering your education.
- Why did you play high school soccer?
- What will you remember most about your high school soccer playing experience?
- What do you feel is the most important lesson you have learned as a member of the soccer team?
- Please include any other information that makes you an outstanding applicant for this scholarship.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAY 1, 2018
TO: Scott Dunlop, firstname.lastname@example.org